TEMPO ARGO R3 is a versatile endurance road saddle with a short-nosed design and generous ischial support that encourages stability.
Where a traditional saddle shape encourages riders to shift their position frequently for better leverage, Argo puts the rider in a more planted position, making for greater stability and better weight distribution.
Argo is our most versatile saddle shape and each version suits different riding styles. As the endurance riding option, Tempo Argo has been engineered to deliver a riding feel that suits the balanced geometry of today’s all-purpose road machines.
Tempo Argo’s short length allows the rider to sit further forward without placing undue pressure on sensitive tissues. It also features an ergonomic cutout that was developed using detailed pressure analysis and input from medical experts.
The padding is made from fizik’s proprietary Type 2 foam formulation, slightly thicker around the ischial sit bones area to support a more upright riding posture. The cushioning is slightly softer and more progressive than the type we use on our racing saddles, providing more long-distance comfort.
- Argo: versatile short-nose saddle that encourages stability and relieves pressure on soft tissue area
- R3: a combination of a ride-compliant carbon reinforced nylon shell and a Kium hollow rail with high strength-to-weight ratio
- Wingflex: the shell's side edges flex and adapt to rider's inner leg movement
- Type 2 foam: progressive cushioning, with lower compression modulus
- Length: 260 mm
- Width: 150 mm
- Weight: 229 g
- Height at 75mm width: 43 mm
- Length from nose to 75mm width: 103 mm
- Rail: 7x7 mm