Every element of the OSTRO is optimised for aerodynamics. The mid-chord aero profile tube shapes, the wide stance fork featuring our pioneering Reversing Flow Energising Channel, and the aero cockpit with fully integrated cabling. The net result is a superlight bike that is close to the aero performance of the ONE and ready to blitz the fastest road races.
The tube profiles are derived from NACA (National Advisory Committee on Aeronautics, the godfathers of aero) shapes, oriented along the waterline (horizontal) in line with airflow and optimised for ride quality and aero-to-weight balance by truncating the aero section aggressively.
As well as being lighter, stiffer and more compliant, these truncated aero sections also reduce drag in crosswinds and better accommodate bottles on the bike. In designing the OSTRO, Factor considered every aspect of the frame and applied the optimum aero profile, with particular regard to the transitions between frame sections (eg down tube to seat tube, fork and head tube to down tube) and to performance across a full range of effective wind angles.
The OSTRO is an ‘everything’ bike, a quiver killer, a master of all trades. Searingly fast, incredibly light and supremely comfortable, it’s ready to win sprints, mountain stages and cobbled Classics. It’s the ultimate all-rounder because it refuses to compromise. If you’re the sort of rider who races with ‘the knife between your teeth’ no matter the parcours, this is the bike you’ve been waiting for. When we say you can have it all, we mean it.
- Mid-chord aero profile tube shapes
- Wide stance fork featuring our pioneering Reversing Flow Energising Channel
- Aero cockpit with fully integrated cabling
- Tyre clearance of 32mm
- ViSTA-Style Seat Stays
- Mid-depth profile, lightweight seatpost
- T47 threaded bottom bracket
- Disc only / electronic shifting only
IN THE BOX:
The Factor OSTRO VAM is sold as a premium frameset package which includes frame & fork, Black Inc components, CeramicSpeed bearings and range of finishing accessories:
- Factor OSTRO VAM Frame & Svelte Fork
- OSTRO mid-depth profile, lightweight seatpost (Choice of zero or 25mm setback)
- Black Inc Integrated Barstem (Your choice of size)
- CeramicSpeed BB & Headset
- ‘Pizza Box’ with a range of accessories, including: Bartape, compression plug, chainstay protector, garmin computer mount, rear derailleur hanger, seatpost wedge and saddle clamps.
- You will also get a set of grommets, spacers, cable stops and covers to complete your build.